Wednesday, November 26, 2014

He shall prepare a way.

Dear family and friends,

Okay so this week has been pretty darn cool. I don't know why, it just was good! It snows here too but it’s really depressing. I wake up and see it snowing and there is like

barely a centimeter of snow on the ground and I dance around the
apartment for a minute cuz I'm so happy. I go shower and get dressed
and by the time I get back to looking out the window it’s all melted
and warm outside. :( I miss the snow. We got ourselves a new reclining couch and lazy
boy to rest in! Sadly we don't have much time to sit down in them. But
when I do it feels great! We got the couches and stuff from a sister
who was moving and just wanted to get rid of them, and I also got some
book ends that are brass busts of Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.
Pretty snazzy I must say. Now yes I think I am pretty good for
packages for a long while. I loved everything you sent and so thankful
you did. I almost died when I heard there was no Ketchup chips. But I’m
okay now. The only thing I would ask to be sent for Christmas is
letters with your testimonies and whatnot. I enjoy going to the mailbox and seeing something other
than flyers. haha Well this weekend Elder Cook got pretty sick and was
throwing up all day and night so we spent a lot of time in our place.
We were able to organize a few times where we could go on splits so that I could
get out and teach a lesson or two but not much happened. I was actually really
grateful for the extra time I had to study. I started studying the
Institute manual "the Life and Teachings of Jesus and His Apostles" SO
GOOD! I love that book. I read like 9 chapters and studied the
scripture references in the New Testament and have learned so much
about our Savior. My prayers have become more meaningful and
purposeful. I have realized the infinite blessings I have been
afforded in my life. I now see life in a more eternal perspective and
my spiritual eyes have been opened to see and understand more of what
I am actually teaching and inviting people to do. I can't even express
my thoughts right now as to my love for the Savior and what he's done
for me in my life so i can be here right now. I was born into a
wonderful family and raised and nurtured throughout my life in the
gospel. I have been baptized a member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of
Latter-Day Saints, I have received a marvelous patriarchal blessing
from my Grandfather, I have been given opportunity and responsibility
as I have been ordained to different Priesthood callings and have been
watched and continuously blessed throughout my life in so many ways
that I may experience joy and peace from overcoming my trials and
weaknesses which I am so thankful for. My weaknesses have taught me
many things and shown me how to cherish and love the joys and
blessings we have waiting for us in eternities if we do our part and
use the Atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives. Sin is real, and it
weighs us all down at times, but that weight can be lifted and we can
return to our Heavenly Father as perfect exalted beings and live in
His presence with our families for Eternity. He gives us the
opportunity to learn and grow to become like Him, perfect. Perfection
is hard to imagine but is achievable because the Lord Commands it. He
does not give us any commandment save he shall prepare a way for us to
accomplish the thing which he commands. It is truly humbling, knowing
our Father loves us so much, and that he has prepared a way for us to
become like Him someday. We are here now on this earth because this is
the next part of the plan he's established for us to become perfect
and sinless like Him. I love the Lord with all my heart and am so
thankful for you Mom and Dad and teaching me of Him, whose suffered
for me, who has and continues to comfort me, who answers my prayers
and who loves me. I love you all back home and thank you for the
emails, letters, and packages. I also feel
the strength of your prayers on my behalf and thank you for them! You
are in my prayers too!

Love Elder Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment