Monday, December 29, 2014

Snowy present on Christmas Day

We were able to Skype with Rob on December 25th for Christmas. It was great to see his face and hear his voice. The Connection was a bit poor toward the end but it was still great to see him. He is doing great and wishes to send you all his love this Christmas season. Here is the letter he sent us on his PDay.

Dear Family and Friends,

So this week has been crazy! Good crazy! I feel a lot has changed this
past week that will help me throughout my whole mission. First of all
I loved hearing from you too this Christmas, Sorry for the bad
connection but that was probably the Lord telling me I had enough.
haha and yes this snow we've gotten has been the worst for everyone
here, they're all complaining, but I love it! I know it was part of my
Christmas gift from Heavenly Father. Thank you so much for all the
many gifts you gave! I really appreciate it. So
transfers are this Tuesday and looks like Elder Cook and I are staying
in the same area still! That is a blessing because we had so much work
to do. We have two weddings we are planning, two baptisms and a
crap-ton of other things. We made thank you card with candies in them
to all the people we teach and serve with here and boy is that a lot
of people!

Lets see, Christmas here was the best! All day Pday! I woke up and
looked out the window, and what did I see? Popcorn popping on the
apricot tree! No It SNOWED!!! We got like a whole inch of snow!!! I
was so happy to have a white Christmas this year because it had not
snowed yet. So after we studied in the morning I ran outside in my
shorts and bare feet and ran through the snow and threw some snowballs
at the Spanish sister's apartment next door. We then had a snowball
fight as soon as they came out.The sisters didn't get very many presents to
open so we invited them over, we opened our door, they sat outside and
we gave them blankets and they helped us open our gifts. We Skyped with our families,
then after I then cleaned up the apartment and we went over to our
dinner appointment with the Taggarts. Mike and Mckenzie, their 5 year
old son and 2 year old daughter are awesome! He's a going to school to
be a doctor and she is a photographer. I was so excited about the snow
that I asked the two kids if they wanted to play in the snow after
dinner. So we did! haha They were so cute! But silly me, I forgot my
gloves so yes my hands froze too! We then got a ride home, and the
sisters were there again, so BAM another snowball fight ensued! We
made a snowman then destroyed him sadly, and we went inside. Whew!
What a day!

This week has been a great spiritually growing week due to rough
circumstances here, but through my studies and through the spirit that
has been felt all week I've felt a change in me and others have even
pointed that out. I've been able to focus more on the work and teach
through the Spirit. I love it here and am not too sad about calling
home. I was scared that I would think about it for too long but i'm
doing fine.  I am blessed to have such a wonderful family and to have seen you this
Christmas! It is already almost 2015!!! What the Hay!? Just think, in
the blink of an eye BAM! it will be mothers day! :) I hope you have a
wonderful week and don't worry about me too much. I love you very much
and wish I could've told you that in person but alas it was not so, so
I LOVE YOU!

Love Elder Patterson


The Spanish Sisters that live in the building across from them. This is a picture of them during their snowball fight on Christmas Day.




No comments:

Post a Comment