Sunday, March 29, 2015

February 16, 2015

Dear Family and Friends

So I am at a bowling alley right now with my district and they don't have wifi so I am writing this down then I'll send it later when I do have wifi at home. So let's see. Boy valentines is the worst holiday in the world, especially as a missionary. No body was home on the weekend to help us see people and the people we wanted to see we're not home obviously, and everyone we saw was all makey outy and it was disgusting. Worst holiday ever. So I have a sticky note on my iPad where I wrote down the things I need to tell you about. So I got transferred and I'm actually way cool about it all! I am in the Hunter Copper Hills stake covering the 5th and 7th wards. The last area I was in I complained about the poverty and the scariness of my neighborhood, the drugs and alcohol abuse, the people who didn't help us in our work; we basically had to do our calling plus a few more like the clerk and ward mission leader and Ward missionaries. But I have now moved into the richest stake in the valley. I'm on the highest part of the valley and can see downtown from where I am. I walk among million dollar homes and the people are definitely not as humble as my last area. But they are really nice and I am coming to love them as well! It's crazy to see the diversity between these areas that are not very far from each other. I am living in the basement of a member named Brother Baker who is pretty funny. I like him. I feel really out of place when walking in the streets here but like I said I still like it here, it's a nice change. My new address is 

5776 Cape Cod Dr.
West Valley City, UT.
84128

My companion is Elder Hernandez, who was in my MTC district and in the same dorm as me so I got to know him during the first two weeks of my mission. He is cool. He is from Los Angeles California and he is a goof but is a good missionary. I am having fun here! There is are cockroaches in our place so I am happy! We just got groceries today and got haircuts, and bowled. Oh and I'm starting to see how missionaries can gain weight here when the people actually feed you. I'm really having to exercise in the mornings just to keep up. 

Well I love you and thank you for your emails. 


Love Elder Patterson


No comments:

Post a Comment