Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 27, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you for your emails this week! I am terribly sorry for responding so late and will explain myself as to why. So we had a temple day today (Wednesday) and so our leaders switched our P-day to today. Monday was a normal proselyting day and was probably one of the hardest working days of my mission. I did so much service that day and it was hot and dry, and my arms almost fell off I was so tired. I mowed a couple of giant "Jungle -like" lawns and weed wacked. One of the lawns I mowed with one of those manual push mowers! That is why my arms were so tired, because I was pushing through like a foot of these weeds and grass with a push mower. I didn't know those existed anymore. Well they do and they still suck. But one of the Sisters we helped, Sister Bradshaw, took us out to dinner with her parents. She has a son serving a mission in Paris France and is coming home in November. Her mother asked me where I was from, I said "Edmonton Alberta," and she replied after looking at my nametag, "Is Bob Patterson your Grandfather?" I said "YES!" and we got into a huge conversation about him and how I had inherited his name and all sorts of other great things! But she knew him before he got married to Grandma. So that was cool. Then the other family we helped wasn't home because the husband of this family is in the hospital with complications regarding his brain cancer he has. So his wife stays with him at the hospital all day and comes home late, so we went during the day and mowed their lawn, and this was the house with the push mower. That was a great day full of service, both spiritual and physical. I am loving it here in this area and am receiving extra strength and guidance that I need to be a righteous senior companion. I am struggling to sleep at night for some reason but have continued to receive enough energy to get me through the next day. I am thankful for you prayers. I need them every day. I am thankful for your updates on the family and the happenings back home. For your information it has poured here every day for about 3 weeks now. It always seems to be nice when we are inside though?! I don't get that. I guess it’s a way God can justify blessing us more. 

Well you were right, Satan is working very hard to stop these families and individuals from progressing. He is working double time on me too. I am doing well through so don’t worry about me. My testimony of the Savior is increasing each day and I am ever grateful for that! I had time in my last area and figured out how to do some family history work and printed off a name to take to the temple to get endowed. Joseph Brunton was taken today and I was able to perform his endowment which was pretty neat being able to take my own name I found. I am falling asleep as I write this so I am going to take the last 20 minutes of my P-day and nap till dinner. :) I didn’t get any time to rest, play, shop, do laundry or anything today! Till next week! 


Love 
Elder Patterson 



No comments:

Post a Comment