Wednesday, October 7, 2015

July 28, 2015, Transfers

Dear Family and Friends,

Sorry, but this week will be a short email. I am sorry for being so late. It has been a ridiculously busy. Here is the news, so Elder Dawson and I are staying together but we are both leaving the stake and will be serving in the Bennion East Stake in Taylorsville. The sister missionaries will now cover our wards we are now covering. The place we are living in will not house missionaries anymore so we have been super busy today packing and getting things ready. We have been saying a lot of goodbyes as well. I cried a lot today to say the least. I have spent 6 months in the 5th ward and have come to love them so much! We had a scripture study class going strong with less actives going frequently, we had mini missions with the priests and soon leaving elders, and we had many people we were teaching. Many of these members have made their way deep into my heart, especially the Locke family of which I talk so much about. I have been blessed to have stayed in the 5th ward for so long and I know the Locke family had a great deal to do with it. I even wrote them a song about how they and their home are like a home away from home for me because I can feel the Spirit so strongly there with them and they treat me so good and take care of me. I have loved every second getting to know them and serving them. I even pruned their tree in their yard! Haha I can't wait to come back and visit them, along with many others. I also gain a deeper love of this place each day and my hopes to come to school here are increasing. I know there is a lot for me that this place can offer! And it would be so neat to be this close to people I have worked with on my mission. Well we are moving in the morning and I have no idea where we are going and where we will be staying and we know absolutely nothing about our new area. It will be super fun! :) thank you for your emails today. Today was good though. I made a lot of really good memories today and took some pictures this weekend with people here. I love you all so much! 

Love Elder Patterson 


The Locke family on Last Pday (left to right: Sister Pam Locke, Hannah, Lisa, me, Brother James Locke)


 The Gubler family, these are their girls we love to spend time with when we have dinner


 Sean Campbell, I've been with him from the first lesson and to now where he is reactivated into the church, what a blessing it is to see such a change of heart

We played Volleyball and had a water fight today with our 9th Ward mission leader and their neighbors who are all from inactive families, this is some of the Daley family. It is so hard to see such valiant young men and young women who have to go to church by themselves without the support of their parents. We have been teaching a lot of people like that in our area. Those numbers don't count but I know and can feel they make a difference so I will continue to look for those opportunities to inspire and bless the lives of these people as long as I am here. I will miss this stake so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment