Monday, February 8, 2016

November 30, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

I've learned very much on my mission and one thing is that communication is important in any relationship. If I continue to keep things inside, I cannot expect to receive the help I need desperately in many different aspects. I am learning so much more about myself and the Plan of Salvation. I have been able to read a lot of talks and articles that have helped me. I am learning so much. I also have to understand that through even our best efforts we will fall and be wounded sometimes. Even the Army of Helaman, though none perished, all were wounded, even some to the point that they fainted from the loss of blood. There will be wins, losses, good days and bad, as we strive to overcome our trials and obstructions.

This last week we had a baptism of someone who has been working with missionaries for two years. It was a very spiritual baptism and it was special to see this man, Robert Zink, so happy when he came up out of the water. We also were afforded the opportunity to go to Taylorsville again to witness the baptism of Tricia Wright, a young woman in her 20's who I worked with for a while. She asked me if I would sing a song at her baptism, and I said yes. I sang an arrangement I made of Joseph Smith's First Vision to the tune of Come thou Fount of Every Blessing. It was really good to be there and to see her progress. That is the 3rd baptism I got to go back for with someone I worked with. 

I ran a 5km race on Thanksgiving because my companion loves to run and I love him so I agreed to run in this race. I ended up being 7th out of 60 some people who were running. I think that is pretty good for not running in years! I am still sore from that experience. My calves were on fire the rest of the week. We only had one dinner this year which was awesome! I had just the right amount of food. Then went home and had a nap, then went to Dolly Soulè's home (Elder Dawson's aunt) and Elder Dawson was there! We both played a song for their family and ate some great pie! She makes this yam pie that is to die for, almost quite literally. Their family is really awesome and I feel just like family there. I am staying in Grantsville another transfer.



Love Elder Patterson 
Tricia Wright and the missionaries that helped her

 Endless french toast at Kneaders! SO GOOD! 



Robert Zink and us!

No comments:

Post a Comment