Monday, February 8, 2016

Transfers (Oct.19/15)

Dear Family and Friends,

Let me paint a picture for you,

I'm sitting here at the top level of on an old set of wooden bleachers that desperately need to be painted again, overlooking an autumn colored world. The sun peeking out of the clouds just enough to warm the tips of my shoes keep a gentle smile on my face, content with my life and where I feel I am going. My tummy is happy as I casually eat caramel candy corns I bought today at the grocery store. Big, old elm trees are overshadowing me, and every so often a yellow leaf will fall from its spot and land on my screen as I type this email to you. The distant mountains are covered with misty clouds which promise rain for us later in the evening when we are riding our bikes. The chill in the wind is friendly and familiar to me and my Canadian roots. I am listening to soft, melodious hymns played on the cello. I am in a very calm and blissful mood as I have made my final preparations to be transferred tomorrow morning to my new wonderful home of Grantsville, Utah. I hear it's very farm-town-ish which reminds me so much of home. I love the country, the farms, the smells, the feels, the sounds. It just fills me with happy, warm fuzzies! I am right now stuck in a very reminiscent, yet hopeful frame of mind. I like it! Haha 

It has been a rough week considering I have been sick the majority of the time but I did the best I could and I worked even when I probably shouldn't (I think that stubbornness got me more sick than I would've been if I just stayed inside) but alas it has been a good final week with my companion Elder Jones. He has been good to me. I have been immensely blessed with the companions that I have had and it has been the wonderful privilege of mine to learn the things I have from these friends of mine. It's so great to see how missions can do so much for a young man or woman. Not only does it bless countless lives and generations to come, but I feel, overarching those is a blessing I have always sought after in my life and have been graciously given by my Heavenly Father in these influential and monumental years of my life. These experiences I am having, especially as of late, have increased my hope and my ability to one day be a worthy and righteous husband and father. I have some absolutely amazing examples in my life. People who served missions and attribute much of their success and happiness in life to serving. They give credit to their missions for the Christ like attributes they have gained overtime. I was blessed to have seen my brother the last number of years as I lived in his home, and to see how he treated his wife and children. He has got to be one of the most humble and selfless men I have ever met in my life. He gave me so much. He gave me of his time, talents and his love. Dad you did the same! The way you treated mom was with the highest respect and utmost love. She is a queen in your eye and in God's and we all can see that by the way you treat her. But serving a mission has been one of the most difficult challenges I have ever faced in my life. So much has happened for me here and also back home. It has been one of the biggest learning curves I've ever experienced. But it has changed me a lot, for the better. 


Sorry but it is transfers this week, and I am moving to Grantsville, which is a 45 minute drive west, past the mountains. I am getting a new companion named Elder Blatter and know nothing about him. I will tell you more next week!


Love 
Elder Patterson 

On top of the conference center with the Halls, their daughter is being baptized next month


 The Palmers who fellowshipped Jayden and Rustie (Jayden was baptized last weekend) Rustie is his mom who we are helping come back to church.


 This is Tricia Wright and her daughter Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment