Monday, June 20, 2016

April 18, 2016

Dear all Ya'll,

I'm still praying for what Heavenly Father is teaching me here this
last week and because I'm a little slow to see and understand His
ways, it might take me a little bit longer to comprehend. Let me
explain...So yes I have been transferred back to my second area in my
mission which is the Hunter Copperhills Stake! I was ecstatic to
receive this information and quickly got to packing and preparing my
current area (West Jordan) for two new Elders to come in. We arrived
here on a beautiful Tuesday and after many long and stressful hours in
the morning of finding the house I'd be staying at, the keys to the
stake buildings, the area phone, and especially my companion! We
finally got it all worked out and got safely back to the Turnbull's
when we were finally able to get internet and sync our area book to
find out that we had a lesson to teach in 30 minutes, and we haven't
eaten or unpacked, we don't know who it is or where it is. So the fun
begins! :) We ate a granola bar and left on our bikes to go teach our
first lesson together. WOW!!! Amazing!!! My companion and I get along
really well together! He is an amazing teacher and such a hard worker.
He inspires me and encourages me to be and do better! He is such a
blessing! His name is Elder Maldarizzi, and he is from Italy. Super
cool guy! That whole Tuesday was packed full of amazing lessons we had
with many teaching opportunities and chances to talk to people on the
street and do service! AHHHHH!!! Compared to the last 7 weeks this is
HEAVEN!!! This is the missionary work I love! :) So we had a long day,
we were blessed to be able to put someone on date to be baptized along
with many other wonderful missionary things. We get home, have a sweet
planning session in our beautiful home we've been blessed to be able
to live in, eat some ice cream, and then start to unpack and set up
our room. As I am unpacking and reminiscing of having roamed the
streets of Hunter Copperhill, teaching in the very place I had taught
before, being surrounded by the amazing members that reside here, I
felt a soreness in my throat... Then it all went downhill from there!
Okay I've made this story long enough. I got a sore red throat and a
fever that lasted all week so we went on splits every night so that my
companion could go to our lessons. This place is booming! There's a
lot of work to do. I'm feeling better now today. I'm drugging up to
make sure I can keep working today but I'm doing a lot better! I love
this area and these people so much! :) I'll have more to report on
next week as not much happened this week.

So yeah! Love you all!! Till next week! Sorry for the lame email!


Love Elder Patterson

I made my companion Poutine this week! It was way good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment