Monday, June 20, 2016

May 23, 2016

Dear people, 

I have not much time to write this week, as my email time was spent emailing an old friend of mine to whom I just received word of many trials in her life. I hope you all can recognize the fact that I love you regardless of how many words are contained within these emails of mine. I just really felt the need to write her learned of her current situation which greatly disturbed me. 

This week is transfers and WE ARE BOTH STAYING!!! I'm so excited to remain here. I'm really hoping to finish my mission here in this area and with Elder Maldarizzi. If I stay one more transfer after this new one, I will have spent half of my mission in this one area. That is super mega awesome! This week during my studies of the Book of Mormon I realized the importance of family history, specifically journals. I realize how many times my family has urged me to keep up to date with my journal writing and with my yearly history reports. I have not been so diligent in these endeavors, so I am repenting and trying to find time (which is very hard as a missionary) to write down my history—for I must "...labor diligently to write, to persuade [my] children, and also [my] brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for [I, Elder Patterson,] know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do. (2 Nephi 25:23)


I love you! Have a wonderful week! Love Elder Patterson 

We had a baptism this weekend which was awesome!




No comments:

Post a Comment