Monday, June 20, 2016

March 29, 2016

Hey Everybody! 

Sorry this week’s email will be short. Today was a crazy Preparation Day and we didn't have much time to email.

So this week flew by again! Man if we don't take advantage of every minute God gives us here in this beautiful world it's going to pass right by us! But isn't it completely reassuring that we know and have a fullness of knowledge of our Savior Jesus Christ, who suffered, bled and died for us that we may not only be resurrected one day, but also that because of Him, we can become clean and be prepared to enter into the presence of our loving Heavenly Father! What wonderful blessings we have! What knowledge we have! Let us all keep in remembrance our Savior and Redeemer and be grateful for the time we have here in this life to learn. All the heartache, sorrow, pain, infirmities, turmoil, disease, suffering, and all manner of afflictions that we experience in this mortal life are but a small moment in the grand design of our Heavenly Father's plan! He knows us perfectly and wants us to become better through our success and our failures here in this life. Our failures, mistake and other trials can and will make us better if we let them; if we let Christ help us with our burden. We can give our life to Him and in return He promises blessings of far greater magnitude, even eternal life. We give our lives to Christ by serving Him by serving those around us, obeying His commandments, and living His gospel, namely faith in Him, repentance, baptism by immersion for the remission of sin, receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end! I have found greater peace in my life and an outpouring of hope from a dreary world in which I lived to a now brighter future because of my growing faith in Him. I promise that as we follow His gospel, we will be happier! We will be blessed and we will receive everything the Father hath because of our partnership with Christ. I love you all so much! I wish I could say more but for now my testimony sufficeth to bring the true message and reason to why I am out here on my mission. I know God, our Heavenly Father lives, I know Christ lives! I know that the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ was restored to this earth once again, preparatory to the Second Coming of Christ, by the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that the fruits of his labors to bring about this wonderful dispensation, full of love and knowledge bestowed to us by God; the Book of Mormon, is true and is the word of God. I know that we are divinely lead by Christ today through a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I know that he, along with the quorum of the 12 apostles, lead and guide us personally, and collectively as a church, closer to Christ and that we will be immensely blessed by following their counsel. I know God has a plan for each of us and we need not feel afraid, lost, or unfulfilled in this life; we can receive a fullness of joy through Jesus Christ, we can sing the song of redeeming love, and in Jesus Christ we can find new life! I testify that these things are true in the holy and sacred name of our beloved Savior, even Jesus Christ, amen.

I hope y'all have a great week! I love you! Thank you for your unending support! 


Love Elder Patterson 

No comments:

Post a Comment