Monday, June 20, 2016

March 8, 2016

Namaste everyone! 

Well this week flew by! I can't believe it's already Monday! We are doing well here in West Jordan and working our butts off to find people to teach! When we started here in this area there was absolutely no one they were working with. We've been able to put a number of different families in our teaching pool these last two weeks thankfully because of our organization and hard work. 

Thursday was seriously a miracle! So for those of you who don't know Thursday was my birthday and I was not expecting much because I just got into a new area and changed locations and I really just missed home that day. It's hard to go and do missionary work on special days of the year when we normally take breaks and do fun things. But little by little, Gods tender mercies were revealed to me over the course of the day. Calls from my Mission Presidents wife, the Zone leaders, and two birthday songs sung to me, 4 packages, a drop by visit at the end of the day from a family in an old area, and so much more. I almost cried I was so overwhelmed with love and happiness! 

On Friday we had a zone training meeting which was super good and super spiritual! The Zone leaders asked me to sing a song about Christ and His Atonement that I wrote last winter. I was nervous but played well, as I know I had help from Heavenly Father to consecrate my performance unto Him. It was a good training on "loving like you're not scared" because the pure love of Christ leaves no room for fear; fear of what man thinks, fear of consequences of doing good, fear of the unknown, whatever it may be. I learned that I need to worry more about what God thinks and not what others think of me. I'm trying to make goals to overcome those fears of man. 

Well we are looking forward to the talent show we are putting on in our stake. We made flyers and handed them out all over the wards is Sunday. We will report back to y'all about it next week! 

Well I love you all so much and I often think and pray for each of you! I hope you may all see God's hand in your lives as I've barely noticed this week. Let us all pray for the eyes to see these physical and spiritual manifestations of God's love for us! Till next week! :)


Love Elder Patterson 

No comments:

Post a Comment