Monday, June 20, 2016

May 30, 2016

Dear Fammy whammy,

This week flew by! Does anyone else agree with me?? I'll bet there are a few out there who would! 

So uh we got a haircut today by the utmost awesome Ellen! She is too cool for school! Well and I'm trying to think of other significant things that happened this week, oh yeah! We were biking one day and found a guy on his roof re-shingling it in the hot Utah sun all by himself. We stopped and offered our services to him, and he accepted. So we set up a time the next day which was Saturday. We woke up that next morning and it was raining. So it was postponed till the next week. It rained that weekend as well. This kept happening when finally this last Saturday, the weather was beautiful and so we got to go up on the roof and shingle with him! It was super fun! He is an inactive member of the church and we had a great time getting to know him and serve him. We got so much done with three of us instead of just him. It reminded me of roofing my sister Stephanie and Brandon's home in Edmonton. I actually enjoy roofing even though it's super hot up on the roof. I got some good farmers tan that day. It just so happened that we stopped by the Wilson's home that night and they have an aloe plant. They cut me off a few stems and I rubbed the goo-like clear substance from the inside of the stems on my burns and it worked so well to subdue the pain and hot. Plants are so cool! God is so cool, with all His wonderful creations that do so much for us and remind us of Christ (Alma 30:44, Moses 6:63). 

I don't know how P-day just gets away from you! We had nothing planned today that was more extensive than getting haircuts and going to the store, and yet I feel like we've got nothing done and no time to relax. I wish we took a nap today. That would've been nice! But alas I am a servant of the Lord and have been commanded to give my heart, might , mind and strength to this work (D&C 4:2). I am exhausted everyday and at the end of every week. I seem to just have enough in me to do the Lord's work and that I have no energy to think of myself anymore. That's awesome! Haha I've seen greater blessings when I look out of myself. 

Oh haha funny story! So while at the Bennett's home we found out that there is a new policy for male missionaries to wear wide-brimmed hats (specifically shown on the church website for clarification on appropriate styles and so forth), and so last week at the DI I saw this "wide brimmed hat" and so I bought it to show to the Bennett's that I had found the widest and brimmiest hat of them all... See picture below. 

Hope you have a wonderful week! I love ya'll so much! Can't wait to hear back from you! 


Love 
Elder Patterson 


 Look at this beautiful sunset... And the goober on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment